Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I know, you missed me

this and last week:

~Nora and Sophie started walking more than crawling - I am loving that!
~I forgot I had a cake 'due' and threw it together in four hours with the help of my mom
~My mom (reinforcements) were here to save the day on more than one occasion!
~Delivered a mattress to a friend who was fresh out of a women's shelter and living on her own for the first time in many many years (GO CHERYL!)
~We are back in the groove with a new mother's helper who we already love (welcome Kayla! you're doing awesome) - it's been about two months since we've had this help and I was getting worried!
~I GOT A NEW COMPUTER - actually, it's a laptop and it's like a dream come true - even as I type I am sitting on my couch, not banished down in the basement with piles of laundry and cold concrete floors! I'm just a tad excited.
~Jake and I both got to go back to Oasis - Senior High group at church (gets too crazy to do this with Jake gone so we both miss it!)
~Jake was sick for 3 days after he got home - it's rough to go from 90 degrees to -10 degrees!
~we might have sold one of our three cars - stay tuned!

and last but not least......

~we have made the executive decision to take all SIX of us on a trip to Ohio for a friends wedding and are actually excited about it (new leaf)!

PHEW! seems like I always take a blogging break when Jake comes home but I'm back, refreshed and full of useless things for you to read.....missed you!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :) I can't wait!!!!

Aaaaamy :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, we love a good laptop at our house too... I could always use more useless information, I have a lot of random, but running low on useless. Thanks for filling a need.

Amanda

Anonymous said...

Did you know that Ruth Graham's friends called Billy the "plague"? It was because when he was in town they didn't see much of Ruth. When Ruth was missing from theirs women's group they would reply that Ruth had the "plague". Ruth said that she didn't have him home often enough to take the time for granted.

Mamaw

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so excited y'all are coming! Any idea on how long you'll be here?

Courtney said...

missed you!

Anonymous said...

I heard a rumor that you'd be here & I got excited! But reading this, I just got a humongous smile across my face and if I wasn't at work, I would've screamed out loud!! Cannot Wait!! -Erika G.

Unknown said...

I want to see a pic of your cake! ;) i checked out blobs of sugar... didn't see it! did you take a pic?
hugs!