Tuesday, August 5, 2008

yipee!!!

I have goosebumps all over.
I'm so excited!

I know it's just 'pre-school' but still, it our first offical year of homeschooling and I have sealed the deal with buying our curriculum. If you can call preschool stuff 'curriculum'!?

Here's what we're using:

Rod and Staff Preschool Workbooks
and
Noah Websters Reader

we will be doing some sort of scheduled/seasonal craft twice a week,
the babies will be 'caged' into the play room for 30-45 minutes every morning (not a bad deal, really), Lydia will get the offical schooling, Samantha will listen/color/go along with us and then the big girls will get to be caged in for 20 minutes while I read books to just the babies.

Plan.
It's a plan.
It feels good!

6 comments:

Amy© said...

It's a good plan! Yay!

Stacy said...

Congratulations!! This is the way homeschooling should feel when it's right....exciting and happy with a plan...not dreading and crying and fighting...I'm thankful God had a different plan for me this year!! :O) Can't wait to hear how it goes!! That's a great plan!

Marc, Jaimee, Ben and Liam said...

That sounds like an awesome plan! And your choices look great, I bookmarked them for future reference. And I totally think a little confinement while you work with one set of girls or the other is perfect! Have you seen Kristin's favorite blog... it's linked on her latest post... it's quite inspiring.

Tisha said...

It is a good plan! Enjoy!!

Shawna said...

Sounds like a great plan. I know it's early, but we have been talking about homeschooling. I'm excited for you and can't wait to hear how it goes.

Kiki said...

how did you decide on your curriculum and how will you decide on your twice weekly craft?

I am thinking of homeschooling my 4 year old boy but feel inadequate and overwhelmed with it!