Monday, August 3, 2009

the girls night that trumps all girls nights.

we did a lot this weekend.

a successful two day garage sale!, baby shower, checked out our new house again (made the connection that we are really good friends with the current tenants daughter and son-in-law! awesome!), hung out as family - it was great....

and yet, all I will remember 10 years from now, about this weekend, is my girls night out that will trump all girls night outs for a very long time...

I present you with the 70's version of my friends, and me,
all vintage clothing,
a concert by a group called Bijorn Again - which 'pretends' they are ABBA.....
ABBA!!!!!!!
we are pretty much all die hard fans of Mama Mia so this was PERFECT!!!!!,
we danced for 2 hours straight,
my jump suit was $1.97, my shoes were $1.95, my belt and scarf together were $2 - and everyone elses outfit went a little like that too!,
uh hem...who said stay at home moms never have fun?

oh...and out of about 1,000 people, mostly over the age of 50, we were the ONLY FOUR PEOPLE DRESSED UP.
somehow, this just added to the fun of the night ;-)
(I think it's cause our costumes were so rockin' we didn't care!)

yep.

no more words...the pictures say it all!!!







5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is THE COOLEST thing! You guys Rock! -Erika Cargle

Tisha said...

Oh my! Look at you girls! You know how to have a good time!

Liz W. said...

YEAH!!! I've been waiting for this. great re-cap ;-) you forgot to mention the "chanting" at the end!

Missy said...

Most awesome night EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! We totally rocked it!

Cassie said...

how fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!