Friday, July 9, 2010

swim lessons week 1

I have been searching high and low for swim lessons in the area
without having to pay with my right arm or first born
without having to be on waiting lists
without having to drive an hour
without having to make this girls sign up for competitive teams

it has so not been easy
but we found her!!!

a home schooled, 17yr old, swimmer gal doing individual lessons less than 5 min's from our house at an amazing price

we did a one week trial
so.
after one week (two lessons)
Lydia can swim swim
Samantha can swim swim
(that's saying a lot based on their ability just a week ago!)
and Nora and Sophie are being brave and clickin' right along

YEAH!!!!

to me swimming ranks up there with reading, walking (if you're able), and breathing
it's a super important skill to have

Lydia was working on something yesterday and popped up from the water to announce,

"MOMMY! I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M ABOUT TO TELL YOU THIS!!!
I CAN SWIM WITH MY HEAD ABOVE WATER!!"

um. Lydia. You. Are. Adorable.

and Samantha, you might make me melt into a puddle if you jump in the pool and swim back to the edge again.


and Nora, good job on putting your head under water and for showing me. every. single. time.

and Sophie...good job on matching all your rice balls up with the dots on your towel ;-)

5 comments:

Tisha said...

Wow, that's great! And, being able to strategically place your snack on your towel like that is a fantastic skill also! Way to go Panter girls!!

Stacy said...

Yea! So excited that it worked out so well!!

jenn said...

yay!

jackson's first round of swim lessons just ended...he got in the water about half the time. still trying to decide if i should sign him up for the next session or not...

oh and ps. we have that same towel :)

happy weekend!

Mom B said...

That is just adorable! And what the heck is a rice ball? I really don't know!!!!!
I loved Lydia's comment, it is so me...... :)
Hugs to you all!

Anonymous said...

I saw this really cute blog post where the lady bought a waterproof case for her point & shoot and took pictures of her kids faces and feet underwater and they turned out REALLY cool...with all this pool time, it may make for some cool pics :)

Sorry, that was random, but the cute pool chicas made me think of it! Love ya'll! -Erika Cargle