Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Lydia O Lydia.




my first born from the lens of a friend's camera a week ago.

this girl.

I am in serious search mode with her right now.
Reading books, praying, seeking, lots of talking with her.

It's starting.
The struggle between self and other.
The attitude that loves rather than casts out.
The battle between power and grace.
The question of 'am I worthy?'.

She is doing great, figuring it out and really listening.
But I want to get it RIGHT.
She is worth it.

And so I'll hit my knees and pray.
I'll seek out scripture and pour it over her.
I'll read books and listen to others advice - always throwing away what doesn't line up.
And I will tell her every day, in some way, that she is worthy but as worthy as she IS, it's not about her.

What a tricky, tricky thing this is.
Being a selfish and sinful person trying to parent sinful and selfish people.

Blows my mind and heart and soul and being.


Praise God for His Grace and Mercy that will fill every crack we leave.
And Thanks to Him that Grace and Mercy never end because there are already so many cracks and more to come, I'm sure.

This Mommy thing is a trip!

6 comments:

Jennifer Isaac said...

I didn't know you knew Jody, etc.! Now you HAVE to get stationed here!!

: )

Cooking with Phlip said...

Wow.......

GP Flip

Erika C. said...

Lydia is SO cool! (you already know that.) Love you. Impressed by you. Learning from you. Praying for you and your family. I'm glad you got the picture disc.

Courtney said...

that last picture looks like you :-)

heather said...

I'm right there with you...learning how to parent a 7 year old stretches me, teaches me, frustrates me & reminds me how MUCH I need Christ's strength to raise her. I don't know how parents do it without Him. Seriously. Thank you for being so real & such an inspiration to me...even if you are across the country! My prayer is that we both make it through somewhat sane & that they love us still when it's their turn to parent.
Hugs from afar,
heather

Tisha said...

Yes, I'm there too. With Jayla. You said it so well, about sinful people parenting sinful people.
As she gets a little bit older, some things seem to become much more difficult, while others get easier. Always a dance...I don't feel like I'm a very good partner right now.