Monday, October 24, 2011

9to20

oh my gosh.
this is my new favorite blog:

9to20

WARNING: The friend who sent this to me laid awake at night with this blogs words on her mind.
This is NOT a craft blog or cooking blog or anything surface like that...

It's the new blog of a survivor of trafficking here in the U.S.
If you don't read a lot about trafficking then consider yourself warned, it's hard to read.

(and like I always say, 'if it's hard for you to read then think about how hard it would be to LIVE it. you have a choice to read it, they don't have a choice to live it')

But, I can't tell you how incredible I think this gal is for what she's doing.

It is new.
She is being used.
I don't even know her and I'm proud of her.
So, so proud.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holly - thank you so, so much for your kind words and thank you for sharing my blog on yours. I LOVE what you said about, this being harder to read but even harder to live. That's so true and the idea has come to mind for me many times in life... sure I had more than my fair share of rough times growing up, but I am still mad at myself for walking out of a 6th grade classroom after refusing to watch Roots. It's the hard stuff that we need to learn the most about sometimes...