Sunday, October 2, 2011

super saturday!!!!!!!

8am MRI:
don't be jealous. it's a sin.

 did you know MRI's are loud?
I was planning on spending the entire time praying, being quiet and just hangin' with Jesus but I couldn't do that with all the NOISE and frigid temperatures...more on that later.  I pretty much worked up an entire stand-up routine on MRI's while I laid there.
It's done, follow up appointment in two weeks.  I know, that's long.  Once again, 'free' health care ;-).


10am
errands....I purchased a boxspring at a thrift store (and it took 2 hrs??), navigated Home Depot, got my eyebrows waxed and swung by Target....


4pm
costume change.
showered, put on some pretties, dressed Jake up and headed out fo' a night on the town baby!!!!
(dress, shoes and wrap from either TJMaxx or Ross...all at different times and for different purposes.
tights from Target/Spanx, jewelry...uh....don't remember, had it for a while.  WIERD, I didn't buy anything new for this night - but it was the first time I'd worn the shoes and dress!)

with our friends!!!!!!!
 first stop:
LOVED this place.
In Old Town Alexandria.
Owned by friends of Liza's family in Louisiana. 
Small world, fun connections, AMAZING restaurant.
(Like, we had buffalo steak and fried blue cheese and polenta and fresh herbs and stellar atmosphere and and and!)

(bad phone pics...sorry)


AND THEN WE HEADED TO THE KENNEDY CENTER!!!!!!
woo hoo!!!!!
Les Miserables.....
that's all I gotta say.

it always alway always takes my breath away to see performances like this but Les Mis is on a level all by it's self.
It's JESUS and redemption that only HE can give and hope and love and beauty...and it's hard.
And watching shows like this reminds you of the creativity of God to make such amazing gifts.
To see the talent He creates, the details He allows us to be a part of....reminds you it's bigger than you imagine.
And I have to wonder, if sin weren't in the way, what kind of shows would we see?
In nature, in theatre, in our lives?
Love that reminder.
Of how BIG He is.
Lots of ways to see that...even daily...but this was just another fun way.

(these pictures are illegal, by the way ;-) we were even yelled at for taking them!)

 

 crashed into bed, after I took the awesome babysitters home....pretty sure our kids had just as much fun as we did!

a Blessed day and a happy day!
so thankful.

5 comments:

Missy said...

I LOVE it! (And definitely not hooka sexy.) That is a very appropriate look. All the elements compliment each other perfectly!

And I just wanna put Liza in my pocket! She is adorable! I better get to meet her when I come NEXT MONTH! You guys all look fantastic and I'm glad you had such a fun night out with them. And I'm glad you loved Les' Mis! Regardless of all the personal tastes that go into theater I don't think anyone can watch that play and not feel the power of redemption. So moving.

Missy said...

P.S.

Lovin' your MRI apron pic. Tee hee!

Courtney said...

i love that you took a pic before your mri :-) what book were you reading??

and LOVE your outfit for les mis! you look HOT! (in a very appropriate way :-))

Amber Trejo said...

You look amazing, Holly! And your pics of Les Mis got me super excited because David and I are going to see it on November 22. I went once before 10 years ago but I just had to see it again and I know he'll love it, too. I hope you had a wonderful time and that the MRI will finally let your docs know what they need to do. It seems like this has been a problem for a lot longer than it should have been.

Liz W. said...

the dress is gorgeous!! you need to wear red more often!!!

and fried blue cheese??#@#$@( I couldn't read after that!!