Tuesday, February 21, 2012

President's Day

We went on an adventure for Jake's day off.
We hit up the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum (The Udvar-Hazy Center).

I don't know what we were thinking?

Maybe that daddy is a pilot.
Maybe they might want to fly someday.
Maybe...I don't really know what.

Should have been my FIRST sign that as we were walking in that
every
single
family
around us had
BOYS.
If not all boys, mostly boys.

But still, I hope.
I thought of Amelia Earhart and I hoped.

My hopes were crushed.
My girls find airplanes boring.

(and I can't blame them, it's kind of a boring museum after you've been to the Air Force Museum in Ohio...which is something like 5 times bigger...I do not exaggerate)

In their defense, they are desensitized.
They've seen some amazing air shows where the planes actually DO something.
And they've lived in a place where we can get really really close to pinpointing, and sometimes actually  pinpointing which plane their daddy is flying at that exact moment.

Still...it was worth a shot.



 Jake was interested in the important exhibits:
 this about sums it up!


Waiting for the most boring, longest IMAX, Boeing commercial ever.
and that ended our visit.
we were outta there!


We did get to Thai Basil for lunch where the chef won a Throwdown with Bobbly Flay in 2008 for her Pad Thai!

gosh she is cute! the Pad Thai was good, we all had a great time.

Next time.
We skip the museum and go straight for Pad Thai.

good plan Holly.
good plan.

3 comments:

Becky said...

I felt the same way about that museum as the girls did. I actually think I slept on the same bench. ;-)

Courtney said...

totally boring museum. but you were REALLY close to our house!! ;-)

about to take a shower and then make the smoothie for the first time!!!

Stacy said...

It was my most dreaded museum when we lived there because everyone who came to visit wanted to go theere! I empathize with the super quads!