Wednesday, March 7, 2012

BLEH...

just bleh.

I don't feel like being a mommy today.

I don't feel like being a girl today.

I don't want to feel today.

It's just not workin' for me.

bleh.

Funny thing is, in my line of work/stage of life/position/whatever...it don't matta'.

Love isn't a feeling.
Good choices aren't feelings.

Intentional, outward focused, living, isn't a feeling.

Good thing.
'cause otherwise we'd all be a wreck. (wait....are we? uh...I might be on to something here.)

"...He who began a good work...He'll finish it..." (Philippians, sort of...enough anyway)

It's not about feelings.
It's about Him.
It's about overcoming Evil with Good.
It's about being at peace.
It's about choosing those things even if I DON'T FEEL LIKE IT!!!!!!!

bleh.


(I'll be fine tomorrow...just havin' a day...and I homeschool...which means I get to make these 'good loving choices' even though I don't feel like it, all flippin' day LONG!!!!!  Really, it's days like today that my daily prayers of 'Lord, protect them from my mistakes' mean so much.)

bleh.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm right there with you. I've often said that one of the reasons children are a blessing is because they so greatly sanctify us (or at least show our great need for sanctification). Prayed for you today. Becca