Saturday, January 26, 2008

Blogging

Why I love to blog:
#1 - there are stories and feelings I never want to forget and now, because of this journal of sorts, I won't
#2 - my family and friends, living all over the world, can watch and grow with our family without missing a beat
#3 - here's where it gets gushy:
You know me. It's not often that I feel that way and I think I like it.
What?
See, I have a philosophy and it goes something like this....

when you are brand new to an area
it takes 1 year to get to know people's names and the streets in the city,
it takes 2 years to figure out who the people are you need to spend more time with in order to be good friends one day and you might also be able to give some directions ,
it takes 3 years.....3 YEARS to actually have those friends you'd call any time, any where, for any thing and not have the fear that you might be intruding and if they called you, you'd be able to get to them with out directions!

Any military wife would agree. The ONLY exception to this is if you go through a tragic event with a group of people or an individual...it speeds the process.

So, that being said coupled with the fact I have never lived any where longer than 3 1/2 years, I feel like I know a lot of people but that not many people really know the true me.
There is no hiding here. This blog, really, is for my own recording and processing purposes and you just happen to get to be a part of it.
That means, it's just me and now you know, just me and I like that.

(I have to continually remind myself that this blog is not for you - I get carried away with writing to 'other' people but it means so much more to me to just record for journaling purposes!)

So, all this as a disclaimer that you might be 'seeing' more of me - my heart, my dreams AND my babies....not just the babies (as if they aren't enough for you to processes!!!???) because there are things rattling around in my head and heart that right along with all the things the girls are doing, I don't want to forget -

3 comments:

Marc, Jaimee, Ben and Liam said...

Great reasons! And we love feeling like we're back in your lives on a more intimate basis!
love,
MJB

Courtney said...

i love getting to know YOU!

Sher said...

Glad you love to blog. I love to read your blog.