Thursday, January 31, 2008

in the spirit

ok, something's in the water.
Both my mom and Jake sent me poems this week.
mom's was funny but I just had to share Jake's as well because it is beautiful.

thanks babe...

Where --

can’t touch your lips
without touching your mouth
can’t run the wood
without making a sound
can’t feel the surface
without feeling the fall
can’t talk in parts
without saying it all

I went through years
I went through time
I went through everything
you went through mine

you hear what you want to
I knew that from then
you go where He sends you
you go where you’ve been

can’t stop the ocean
without being unkind
can’t rush the morning
can’t hush the mind
can’t find the handout
without finding the road
can’t forget anything
I haven’t been told

I went to you
I went to find
I went through everything
you went through mine

you hear what you want to
I knew that from then
you see what He tells you
you see what you’ve been

can’t find the words
without looking away
words never were
important anyway

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

woooooooow....
that was BE-A-U-TIFUL!
make sure ya give Jake props for that! WOOOOOOW!