Thursday, May 14, 2009

cute Lydia.


I was reading in my devotional this morning and came across this quote:

Obedience is the fruit of faith;
Patience the bloom on the flower.

I loved it so much that I wrote it on a newly hung chalk board in my kitchen.

Lydia, who needs to know EVERYTHING....ALL the time went into her normal set of questions.

What does that say? I told her.
Why did you write it there?  To remind me that when I obey God, I am happy.
Oh.
So, when you're mad, you can come look at the board and it will make you happy?  umm...I guess that's the idea.
Ok.
When you're mad, I'll come tell you to look at the board, ok? o.k.

about an hour later we need to all go potty so we could leave the house for our day.
this is always a fight, and I always get mad.

finally in the car.
I forgot something, jumped out of the car, still a little mad, got what I needed, hopped back in the car to leave and was singing a silly song while doing so.

Mama?  Why are you singing that song? to be silly.
Oh.
Did you go look at the board and now you're happy?

I'm not sure I will be able to handle the amount of accountability that board is proving to bring!

No comments: