Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The first day of summer 2010

on this day, June 21, 2010
my children got to spend the first day of summer splashing in a creek
playing with paddle bugs, trying to catch tad poles (even though we didn't see any, we still tried to catch them), collecting and throwing rocks, etc.

and this my friends was the PERFECT way to start a SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!






(and we came home to my battery charger being delivered by the mail man, which is why these are still phone pictures....I guess we'll just have to go back.)


***now for the real story.
we picked the worst spot on the creek possible, I'm sure of it.
will be pickier next time.
Nora and Sophie are in between taking naps and not, which means 1pm is a weird time for us.
sometimes just fine, sometimes horrid
this was a horrid day, I never know which it's going to be
the water was 'too deep' and 'too dirty' for them, which means they literally were crawling up my legs with their legs wrapped around mine doing a screaming/crying/fearful thing that just pierces every annoying nerve I have.
I had one on each side.
Then all of the sudden, when we hit some dry land and I told them they could just sit and watch instead, the water wasn't so deep or so dirty, in fact, we don't even need our Crocs on!........INSERT SCREAMING MOTHER.

Samantha almost pegged Lydia in the back of the head with a small boulder because the words, "Samantha, don't throw rocks" just don't seem to penetrate her ear lobes.

but really, other than that....

5 comments:

Cooking with Phlip said...

My count is 5 girls. Is there a guest?

Courtney said...

ha! i had this weird feeling as i was scrolling down that there was more to it :-)

being IN water is pretty much the only option these days if you're outside, huh??

Liz W. said...

HAA!! that cracked me up. Loved the positive spin on the day ;-)

miss you :-(

the tire swing park will not be the same

Team Summers said...

Thanks for the for real part :) I seem to always have that sidebar when it comes to our outings!

Tisha said...

You're cracking me up lately. Isn't that how it always goes? The pictures NEVER tell the whole story!! Good stuff :)