Monday, June 20, 2011

more Ogles visit:

Old Town Alexandria:
in order:
Justin (10), Abigail (9), Lydia (6), Emilia (6), Sophie (4), Lenora (4), Samantha (5), Elizabeth (5)
(sounds like an old fashion BBC movie ;-)
 Abi:

 Justin wanted soft shelled crab....er....he thought he did anyway.
the actual 'thing' freaked him out ;-)

 Lizzie:
 the glass musician:



the last day we hung out at their camp site.
Nora wanted to make sure the worms were well fed...
 (Sophie orange, Nora purple)
 I really was here...see, there's my feet:
 Samantha found a tree to climb, SURPRISE!
 Sophie is just a tad exactly like me when I was little....that kinda sorta makes my Mamaw and Papaw go all mushy goo goo ga ga:




 turtle!
 smores!
 Emi:

 pickle juice....ew!



favorite memories from the trip:
"we're just going to run an errand" 
(Jake ran an errand that was supposed to take 1 hour and took 4 instead...with this crowd, he will never live it down ;-)

"it's a muscle, work it out!" 
(I occasionally get tired of taking the girls potty in public and I say that to them...this crew got a kick out of it and we started finding all kinds of things you could say this too ;-)

watching all those kids play together and remembering all the memories I have of playing those same games with Josh, David and Jonathan....only now I'm reveling in the fact that I'm not the only girl anymore!

Still being referred to as "Holly Dolly" even though I'm 32 years old.

the feeling of being loved that just permeates off my adopted family towards us.

getting to actually talk to and get to know Jenna!!!
our last several encounters have been either ridiculously pregnant or postpartum, traveling and not in our height of socializing, ya know.
(you are fun girl...wish we'd had more time!)

Jenna and I being referred to as 'sister wives'.
we were walking in Old Town, Josh ducked in to buy a cigar and meet up with us later so Jake was walking in front and scattered behind him were 8 kids under 10, Jenna and me.
I heard a 'snide' comment coming my way but blocked it out, I didn't acknowledge what it was, only that it was just there....Jenna heard it ;-).
Jenna is now not only my friend but my sister wife too.

the 7 screaming little girls when lightning struck across our street...literally...and knocked our power out.

watching Mamaw/Noni brain wash my kids into coming to her house for a visit.


and food.
we ate. a. lot. of. food.
but that's always part of the fun!

happy trails Ogles...we love you!

1 comment:

jenn said...

love old town..and the glass guy who is ALWAYS there! :) and now i want a s'more...and oh yeah, love that bloom i spotted! ;)