Thursday, June 16, 2011

take me out to the ball game....

took the girls to their first MLB game last night!

I have to confess something before we go any further with this recap.
I didn't know it was MLB until we got there.
really. I didn't.
I thought the Nat's were a minor league.
I'm sorry Nat's...don't take any offense but when I got the tickets they were $7 and I just deduced that if I could get tickets for $7 to a baseball game then they had to be for a minor league team.
But, when I saw/heard that they were playing the Cardinals....I got it all right in my head.
I'm better now.

Not only did they play the Cardinals, they whooped the Cardinals.
We saw at least 3 home runs!
They girls loved all the music.
Lydia enjoyed learning about the game.

We had soft pretzels and hot dogs for dinner and cotton candy for dessert.
Sang 'Take Me Out To the Ball Game'
Yelled 'CHARGE' at every appropriate moment.
clapped and clapped and stomped and clapped.

it was adorable.
see:






 check out that moon!!!
(you can't see it in the picture but the Potomac is right under the moon through that opening in the bleachers, so fun!)





 YELLOW!!!!!!!!!!!
No, we are not THAT family.
We were ALL wearing YELLOW because it was Human Trafficking Awareness Night and if you were a part of the awareness, you wore yellow.

Yes, that is right folks.
My little girls first baseball game was to Human Trafficking Awareness night ;-).

1 comment:

Missy said...

What, not everyone's family actively supports human trafficking? :~) Good thing y'all were in the crowd with your loud yellow shirts to help raise awareness! Way to go! Love those girls. I can just hear SNora down at the bottom giggling. (you forgot to mention who's who). :~)