Monday, August 29, 2011

earth quake...hurricane...whatev'...Texas here I come!

last Thursday night, a few days after the earth quake and a few days before the hurricane I jumped on a plane and headed to Texas for a Panter girls weekend.
who cares that the world was literally falling apart around me!? (not me.)

We used the excuse of Women of Faith Dallas to get together but really, we just wanted to hang out...and we boy did we ever!


oh...and we ate...and ate....and ate....and ate...repeat.

Jake's family has four boys and one girl.
Pictured here is the mama (black and pink shirt in the back), the sister (white shirt in the back) and four sister-in-laws!
And...we all get along.
Tell me, what are those odds!?
so blessed, that's what they are.

 Aunt Sherrie was the master mind behind this incredibly memorable and amazing weekend...
if your family doesn't have an 'Aunt Sherrie' then you need to go get you one!





Mamaw hung out at the house with us and we were so thankful....after you go get you an 'Aunt Sherrie' go get you a 'MawMaw'...your stomach muscles will thank you, man that lady is FUNNY!

on Saturday night a few of the boys crashed our girls weekend and I'm so glad they did!
I got to kiss those sweet little nieces and tickle that handsome nephew.

and, drum roll please.....we convinced Mawmaw to go see a movie at 9:45pm on Saturday night.
some lipstick and a few spritzes of White Diamonds later, she was ready to PARTY!
so cute!

I flew back Sunday morning...back to my most amazing husband who held down our home both literally  and emotionally.
and since there are like four girls and a hurricane here, I think he needs some sort of award!

oh...you want to know about the conference!?
dude.
Amy Grant and Sandi Patti were there...how much more awesome could it be ;-)
(and my mama says, 'If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all'...so I'm not gonna!)

3 comments:

Missy said...

Ah! I can't believe you got Mawmaw to go to a late night movie! That must have been an absolute BLAST!! That would have been worth the whole weekend right there, getting to hang with her just like any other girl!

Again, great pics. Love that you got to have this weekend with them. You guys will be laughing 'bout this forever.

And you misspelled Amy's last name...that one needs to be corrected! ; )

Holly said...

hee hee hee...no, she was not 'Grand' that is for sure!
thanks melissa...

Courtney said...

you make me laugh! the pics were GREAT! seriously?? amy grant and sandi patti???