Monday, February 6, 2012

Monday's school plan:

get up.
start Science.

dissect owl pellets on the living room floor.
(sophie)

read to mommy.
do handwriting while mommy gets project ready.
mommy attempts to chop her left index finger off with Ikea's largest butcher knife.

wait.
what!?

yes.

I did.

key word: attempt.

my finger is still there.

I held it above my head applying pressure while I counted to 200.
Had Lydia get a band aid open.
Sent the kids away.
Put the band aid on as quick and tight as I could.

It looked gross.
real gross.

Called a friend to talk me down/listen me down while I continued to hold my hand above my head.

I calmed down but I kept that hand raised for like an hour.

Haven't opened the band aid yet.
It's almost 5pm.

Sounds like a job for Jake.

Until then:

#1 - we are buying kites for our Ben Franklin study - not making them. I like my finger. Thank you very much.

#2 - I'm going to come up with a pain-free plan for Tuesday. This bites.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holly! Uh, yikes! I just attempted to cut off my middle finger on my left hand after Christmas. Depending on how deeply you cut it and where, you may want to splint it for 7 to 10 days to help it heal correctly so the flexor tendon does not snap (and you end up with a permanently bent finger). I cut my finger between the nail and the first knuckle. I also happened to be seeing a dermatologist the next morning and she glued it and bandaged it and then had me splint it. Hope yours is NOT that bad!

--Tina H.

Liz W. said...

what the heck are owl pellets?