Thursday, February 9, 2012

They say it's my birthday.

Well, my mama does anyway.
And I believe her.
I've given birth before and I know I'll never forget the specific days that it happened so if she says her day was today, 33 years ago, then I believe her.

My RANDOM journal entry from today.
I am not making this pretty, this is exactly what it says and how it says it.

Welcome to what goes on in my journal just about every morning:

Happy BIRTHday to me.


The day you deemed perfect for my mother's body to get me out and into air.

Into an imperfect world.

An imperfect family.
An imperfect body.


BUT - with access to a perfect Savior.


You created me in my mother's womb.
You know my inmost being.
I don't even know my inmost being.
The most skilled mental, physical and spiritual doctors combined could not know my inmost being.


But you do.


Rom 12:3
Do not think of yourselves more highly than you ought
think of yourself with sober judgement in accordance with
*the measure of faith God has given you*


In view of God's mercy~


I am at a loss as to the purpose of my specific life - 
You dont' need me but out of love-
You created me.


To myself, I'm just normal.  Nothing special.


To You - I was worth creating.
Out of so much love - you created me.


And then I sin...and sin and sin and sin....


So, after creating me out of pure, perfect and overflowing love


I turn my back on you


And what do you do?
Wave goodbye? No.


You die.


for me.


In my place.  You died and took my punishment.


My due. My lot.  My sin.  My nails.  My pain.  My sadness.


You took them away.


You created me, a second time.


I have been created twice.


My sin is paid for - my punishment is already served.  By you, in my place.


The judge gave out the sentence - death for sin.
And the judge carried the sentencing out on His own shoulders.


and I get a new, clean, recreated heart, mind and soul (and one day a body even!).


Created once in my mother's womb.
Created twice, on the cross.


My life was special enough to save.
Nothin' normal about that.
Nothin' normal about my Savior.


My birthday gift, my "created" gift has been given.
It's a gift that will keep on giving every second of my life....


And I have a life to give as a sacrifice, a thank you note, back to my 2x's Creator.


Rom 12:1
In view of God's mercy (His 2nd creation of you)
Offer your bodies as living sacrifices-
This is your spiritual act of worship


This is your spiritual act of thanksgiving.


This is your way to say thank. you.


For my first creation and my second.

3 comments:

Missy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I love so much that God brought you into my life and I am praising Him today for your life and your friendship!

Loved getting a peak inside your heart today....so beautiful.

Love you friend.

Liz W. said...

Happy Birthday dear friend!! I too, am thanking God for creating such an amazing friend. Love you

Amy said...

Obviously behind in my blog reading... Happiest of birthdays to you, my friend! I hope you had a fabulous day!! And I'm sorry you almost cut your finger off. ;)