Wednesday, May 30, 2012

this week.

* we still have more puke in this house.
It was Samantha, in the middle of the night, on her bed, and hallway floor and self, and bathroom floor
then Sophie, in the middle of the day, on the floor and then the rest made it into a trash can
then Nora, in the middle of the night.  She was pretty pleased with herself that she only got some on her pillow but aimed the rest off the edge of the bed to the floor.  She sleeps on the top bunk.  I'll let your imagination take that one from here.
And now.....Jake.
By the time he had his turn, I was so tired of 'that noise' that when I saw him running for the bathroom, I plugged my ears.
Poor guy.

I'm not the mom who won't clean up puke.
I don't pull teeth but I can clean puke.
I don't love it, I heave the whole time (TMI?) but I can do it.

I just don't know how much LONGER I can do it for....
Between the kids in the cast and their messes and my family......

MAKE. IT. STOP.

* (let's talk about something else, k?)
Nothing like doing Yoga next to the most famous instructor in the DC area.
That's what happened tonight.
The dude has won NATIONAL Yoga competitions.
I think I might not be able to walk tomorrow.
I was NOT going to wimp out with him right there.
Me walking or not was a logical sacrifice.

*we have caterpillars in VA.
Lots of amazing caterpillars.
Meet our neighbor's friend: The Parsley Caterpillar 
(that is his actual scientific name....it's 'cause he eats......how did you know!?)  


 I would like to get paid for that kind of creativity.  "This caterpillar eats Parsley, we'll call him the Parsley Caterpillar"...and someone hands me $1,000's of dollars, the end.
he has these orange things that stick out of his head but my timing was off...trust us. they are cool.

*we have bugs in general.
Now, normally a yard with this many bugs my 'bug' someone.
And in general, it bugs me.
But to a few of my daughters it is THE best play ground a girl could ask for.
Nora and Sophie bolted out a door today at church (something they are not allowed to do without my knowledge, consent, company, etc....) BECAUSE they saw a bug and had to catch it.
?????
Remember the bees?
They are sad they're gone (apparently they just eventually go back underground and stay there? odd!).
The bricks in our yard are consistently overturned and every spare container gets confiscated to become the next 'bug house'.
I very cautiously open toys outside knowing that something is most likely living inside.
I have never even seen a boy this obsessed with bugs.
They are girls.
With cute curly hair and big 'ol brown eyes and pretty much only wear skirts - what gives!?
I have to do pocket checks on their way in the house because they try and sneak the 'named' ones in.
(Sarah, Molly, Violet, just to name a few)

Who knew!?

*down just over 15 lbs with Weight Watchers.
I'm stuck there but know that I won't be forever....it's just be a few weeks and I'm a TAD! impatient.

I really do think it's helping my hips.

Hips are still.....'eh.
Some days I'm ready to say, "I think I'm finally healing!!!"
and then the barometric pressure drops, or I'm grumpy or I mowed the lawn, or I did Yoga next to a famous instructor and then I hurt the next day pretty bad.
(Just kidding about the Yoga making it hurt mom....;-)

IT HAS BEEN YUMMY!
My Pinterest Food page is exploding with YUMMY food that we have all been loving!
(should do a post on that huh!?)

*getting some amazing verses on parenting from my quiet times lately.
remind me to share why but here they are:


James 3:18 (MSG) - 
Real wisdom, God's wisdom, begins with a holy life and is characterized by getting along with others. It is gentle and reasonable, overflowing with mercy and blessings, not hot one day and cold the next, not two-faced. You can develop a healthy, robust community that lives right with God and enjoy its results only if you do the hard work of getting along with each other, treating each other with dignity and honor.


and
Rom 12:21 (NIV)

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

*Can I ask you to pray for Lydia's health?
She has one more weekend to perform and there is a crew of over 20 of our friends coming on Saturday night to see her.  I would trust God's timing (and be mad at Eve again for that sin thing she started...which I attribute all sickness to as well...not that sickness is a sin...oh...never mind.) but I'd be SO SAD for Lydia if she was SICK.
Pray with me!
Beg with me!

*ok, I think my sheets are dry now....I wasn't sleepin' in those contaminated things!
(Jake has been quarantined to another bed)
signing off...

1 comment:

Liz W. said...

glad your still alive & kick'n! Praying tonight goes off without a hitch & any puke!