Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Weekly Food Prep 5

weekly food prep?
what's that?
who me?
oh, I did?
huh...that was a good idea and yeah, I vaguely remember it.
funny.

ha ha.

No fair.
Veteran's Day weekend = no food prep
Weekend before Thanksgiving = no food prep
FRANTIC EMAIL TO FRIENDS BEGGING ON MY HANDS AND KNEES FOR HELP BECAUSE I FEEL UNABLE TO DO IT ALL = no weekly food prep this week.

doing my absolute best to focus on what I won't regret doing.
I will regret not making memories with dear friends and I will regret not doing school with the girls and I will regret not hosting 25 people for Thanksgiving.

So, as insane as it makes me....I choose to live without regret.
As hard as it is to ask for help, I choose no regret.

A FRIEND (thanks Mache!) watched the girls for SIX hours yesterday.
Fed them, rested them, did art with them.

dude. 
it was HUGE.
I made phone calls, answered emails, grocery shopped for Thanksgiving, Christmas shopped, regular shopped, post-office stopped, called the cops for some suspicious activity in the parking lot of Trader Joes 

(it's Northern Virginia, it's how we roll - no matter how many loaves or kinds of loaves of bread I offered to buy the older African Woman in the parking lot she insisted she hadn't eaten in three days and the solution was to use my phone to call her friend so she could be picked up by said friend to go buy bread.
I'll buy the bread...NO! I just need your phone...mkay...I'm sorry...I wish I could help....leave the parking lot and spot two more ladies, with the same head dresses and trench coats and demeanor strategically placed in the parking lot...hmmm....who you workin' for ladies?...'cause I kinda want to take him/her/them OUT...just sayin'.)

So...anyway...food prep (I have called the cops for more reasons here than I ever have before...it's very beautiful here but it's congested...congestion=more opportunities, that's all)...what were we talking about?

oh yeah.

All my food prep energy goes to Thanksgiving this week!!!
I'll share recipes soon!
they are just more fun with pictures....

 (Courtney, I got these just in case you come over ;-)


oh...and what's up with the Cold I seem to have!?
jerk.
really really bad week Mr. Cold.
go. away.

No comments: